1.0 - 2017-07-06¶
QueueAPI for asynchronous operations and scheduling different tasks onto different hosts.
- Chopsticks can be imported and used on remote hosts (see Recursively tunnelling).
- Functions defined in
__main__modules or Jupyter notebooks can now be sent to remote hosts.
- Tunnels and Groups now connect lazily.
- Tunnels and Groups can be used as context managers to ensure they are closed.
- Tunnels and Groups can be reconnected once closed.
- Tunnels and Groups now support set operations (union, difference, etc). Tunnels behave as a group of one tunnel.
Group.filter()method allows filtering hosts by executing a function on each host.
- Added a
Sudotunnel, to run as a different user on the local machine.
- Added a
SSHTunnel, to run as
rooton a remote host.
- Parameters are now sent over the tunnels using a custom binary protocol, rather than JSON. This is more efficient for byte strings, as used in the importer machinery.
- Automatically configure the highest pickle version to use based on what is supported by the host.
0.5 - 2016-08-07¶
0.4 - 2016-07-24¶
- Prefix lines of stderr from tunnels with hostname.
Dockertunnel, to open a tunnel into a new container.
- Added Sphinx documentation, on readthedocs.org.
0.3 - 2016-07-15¶
- Added support for Python 3.
0.1 - 2016-07-12¶
- Initial public version